The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) released new guidance on January 26, 2022 regarding COVID contact tracing and case investigation. Effective immediately:
- The ODH recommends that local health departments shift from universal contact tracing, case investigation and exposure notification to a cluster or outbreak-based model.
- K-12 schools discontinue universal contact tracing. Schools are expected to assist LHDs with contact tracing, case investigation, and exposure notification to determine possible outbreaks or clusters.
- School districts are required to report positive student and staff cases to the health department weekly, beginning February 4, 2022.
As the Revere Local Schools respond to this new guidance, we want to let our employees and families know that we will no longer be reporting COVID data on a daily basis.
Additional Sources of COVID-19 Information
To ensure that the most current data is being shared, the district is now linking directly to these sources of information, rather than copying resources from them and sharing them on the school web site.
- Summit County Health Department
- Ohio Department of Education Back to School: Resources for Returnhttps://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Back-to-School page
- Ohio Department of Health