Revere High School Library Media CenterDistance Learning ProgrammingDon't miss out on these enrichment opportunities. To attend any RHS in-house distance learning field trip, see the library media specialist or assistant librarian to register prior to the air date.
Upcoming programs/in-house field trips from WVIZ:
WVIZ/PBS & NOTA Career Exploration Series
The Career Exploration Series feature presenters from a variety of careers who will discuss the nature of their occupation, education background, training and qualifications, job outlook, average earnings, advancement potential, related occupations, and sources of additional information. Remote site students will have the opportunity to interact live with our guests.
Careers in the Performing ArtsCast and crew members of the following Broadway shows will participate in each program.
Career Exploration Series
- Aladdin--Tues, May 23, 1-2 p.m.
- The Humans--Tues, April 17, 1-2 p.m.
- Rent--Tues, March 13, 1-2 p.m.
- Love Never Dies--Tues, Jan 16, 1-2 p.m.
- On Your Feet--Tues, Dec 12, 1-2 p.m.
- Waitress--Tues, Oct 23, 1-2 p.m.
- Careers in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training--Thurs, May 3, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Why Choose a Pharmacy Technician Career?--Thurs, April 12, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Safety on the Job--Tues, March 20, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Multimedia Productions--Tues, March 6, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Medical Lab Technology--Tues, Feb 27, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Law Enforcement--Tues, Feb 13,9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Architecture & Design--Thurs, Feb 8, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Construction Materials and Methods: Driven by Technology--Wed, Dec 13, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Why a Career in Construction?--Wed, Oct 18, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Nursing--Thurs, Oct 5, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- How NOT to be Hired--Wed, Sept 27, 12:30-1:15 or 1:30-2:15 p.m.
- Careers in Dental Hygiene--Tues, Sept 19, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
KeyBank Financial Literacy ProgramStudents learn how to make good financial decisions.
- More Bang for Your Buck: Budgeting for Young Adults--Wed, April 18, 9-9:45 or 10:10-45 a.m.
- Checking Account/Credit, ATM, Debit Cards--Thurs, Dec 14, 9-9:45 or 10-10:45 a.m.
- Charge It Right/Check It Out--Thurs, Feb 9, 9-9:45 or 10-10:45 a.m.
Special ProgrammingSpecific topics addressed in the distance learning classroom.
- Legacies of African Americans who contributed to Cleveland's Past--every Wed in Feb from 11-noon.
Town Hall Speaker Series
Bridges to the World SeriesA distance learning program that brings high caliber speakers to the schools in NE Ohio, the state, and across the country.
The Cleveland Clinic's Office of Civic Education Initiatives offers several distance learning resources to RHS students. Students, see a member of the library staff if you are interested in attending any sessions. Teachers, contact the library media center if you would like to bring your class to any of the following programs:
Access the intranet:Students and staff can access the passwords for our subscription databases. Click on "Sign In" located in the upper right hand corner of the Revere High School Library home page. Sign in with your wifi user name and password. The link for subscription databases will appear on the left after you successfully access the intranet.*Bookmarks with username and passwords for our subscription databases are available in the library.